Respiratory Disorders Community
breathing problems even after inhalers/steroids, please help
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

breathing problems even after inhalers/steroids, please help

I was diagnosed with acute asthma last year and have been on symbicort/proventil for months, also singulair and took prednisone and methylprenisolone and I am still having breathing problems and chest tightness.  taking some HC lately helped me breathe better and relax but still having breathing problems today.  can you please help me??
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I am also wheezing a lot and and have bad chest tightness after light running
Blank
1563533_tn?1345369896
See if you can tell what is making your asthma flare up, if you can stay away from those types of things until your asthma calms down that would help.  Also, drinking coffee.  I know it sounds crazy but, coffee mimics theophylline.  It relaxes and opens the air passages in the lungs. It is the caffeine that makes this work.  In the olden days that what people gave their children with asthma.  Hope this helps. May GOD Bless
Blank
I'm not sure, I took some topical HC and I could finally breathe better.  my cortisol levels in the morning are low and I've been trying aspirin
Blank
how come my asthma is still bad after taking symbicort/proventil and singulair?  I'm on prednisone now and it helps
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...