breathing problems
I carnt catch my breath an stop breathing then catch it again i get it most days most on a night an during the day i get panick as well
Are you saying that you quit breathing whilst sleeping?
I think you need a full physical workup from your doctor to determine if you have a physical problem, like maybe asthma.  Then you could get with a therapist for your anxiety.  Feel better soon!  Blessings - Blu
Make an appointment to see your doctor about this.  The sooner you go, the sooner you will be given the right treatment to correct this.

You may have asthma like BluCrystal says.  The doctor can do a lung function test in whilst you are there or send your for a lung function test at the hospital.

You may also be very anaemic and a doctor will be able to take a blood test to find out, and will be you on a course of iron.  If you are lacking in iron you will be feeling tired and gasping for oxygen.

You do not mention any other symptoms.  
But if you have a chest infection that will give you problems and you will need an antibiotic if it is a bacterial infection.

You need to get checked out as soon as possible to rule out lung and heart problems.

Best wishes.
Do you notice anything precipitating an attack of this shortness of breath?  For example, stress, being around or ingesting something you are allergic to, exercise, etc..?

Do you panic and then get the shortness of breath or do you get the shortness of breath which then causes you to panic?

Here's some info on stopped breathing and causes:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003069.htm

Please do see your physician for professional evaluation and treatment as soon as possible.
Panic, stress, anxiety and fear as well as allergies can make you feel breathless.  And so can the other health problems that I mentioned in my previous reply.

It is therefore, important to make an appointment and see the doctor to find out what is causing the breathlessness and then it can be treated appropriately.

Best wishes.
I was aware of all you said to me in your first paragraph and I was agreeing with my last sentence in regards to Dotty seeing the doctor.  
Sorry LivingInHope my reply was meant for dotty413 which was an add on to my first reply to her.

Best wishes.
Ah, okay.
Difficulty in breathing or air hunger can have many etiologies.

Any problem in breathing is a call for a visit to an emergency room.

It is not possible to determine the cause.

Constriction of the passageways within or leading to the alveoli can be precipitated by ingesting a non-self substance, an antigen or hapton.

Fear does not make you breathless. Fear can increase the heart rate to a point where the heart does not fill properly between beats, which can cause breathlessness. So can atrial fibrillation, which can be induced by stress..

There are many possible tests. An ultrasound of the heart is often recommended, as well as an EKG. EKG's however will usually be normal except when an attack is taking place.

A stress test would probably be appropriate, as well as a pulmonary evaluation.

This condition may or not be serious. It doesn't pay to take a chance.

I would recommend a teaching hospital for a work-up because they have all the equipment necessary, which may not be the case with your family practicioner. Arriving at an ER with a chief complaint of "hard to breathe" will get you to the head of the line.