Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
breathing

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

breathing

Hi I just want to say that my symptoms are sleep even awake I can't even lay on my back without choking gasping for air n coughing even laying on back wide awake n sometimes after the coughing I clear my throat
It is not uncommon for people to cough and sometimes have breathing difficulty when they lie down.  The cause of this problem can be from either the upper airways, where this is drainage coming from the sinuses irritating the back of the throat and even the lower airways, or from the lower airways from a variety of different causes.  The best thing to do is to see your physician to determine if this is from the upper or lower airways.  This is relatively easy to do.  Once the cause is determined a treatment plan can be created to control these symptoms.