bronchovascular markings
what does 'prominat bronchovascular markings" mean in chest x-ray???? is these means lung cancer????
The short answer is no, it does not mean lung cancer.  From Wikipedia:  

Bronchovascular Markings

These comprise of 98 % vessels, mainly veins. Respiratory passages are not visible as these contain air. Normal shadows start from hila pass through proximal 1/3rd traverse to middle 1/3rd and just reach the border of distal third. Normaly markings are greatest in the medial part of lower zone. To say whether increased or not basically, in the opinion of Dr Tarar, it is an eyeball technique. With the experience your start saying this is increased or this is normal.

Increased Markings

This always means either Infection in respiratory passages or fluid overload. Infection may be acute or chronic. If radiologist reports increased bronchovascular markings but clinical situation is not supporting any thing it can be ignored and film should be taken as normal.

In cardiac failure cases so called reversal of pattern of markings occur. There is increase in markings in midzones due to fluid overload. Actually this is not reversal. This is only increase in midzones.

In chronic bronchitis markings are increased. In emphysema these are decreased in hyperinflated areas. In collapse of the lungs beyond the line-demarcating lung, these must be absent.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Bronchovascular_markings_in_lungs_mean#ixzz1RppiBfFU
Actually also have the prominent bronchovascular markings in both lung fields. So does it means TB which can be spreaded from one person to another.

Please tell me I am in worry about my health...

If it is TB then how can I care and what should I eat...

***@****
Thank you so much.. I feel much more relieved now..
How the bronchovascular marking occurs on both side
i have do  x-ray on my chest,report of xray showing -(Prominent lung marking seen in both hemithorax),kindly help me by replying answer.
Hiiii....This is Kapil, recently i noticed some pain in my right lung so i went for xray in which bilateral increased bronchovascular marking was seen in bottom of right lung, so please tell me, is it life threatening and do people also feel some pain in their back because of this??????
Please answer soon, feeling very sad
Please answer soon, feeling very sad