Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
calcified granuloma
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

calcified granuloma

i receive my chest xray and found out the result that i have a non specific calcified granuloma...what does this mean?do i have a tuberculosis or cancer?and how can i cure it?do we have a medicine for this?is this really a disease?coz it is stated that non specific?wat does this mean?
Related Discussions
242588_tn?1224275300
Absolutely no reason for concern.  Granulomas are common.  Most of us, over the age of 30, have one or more.  Think of them as scars, from an infection some time in your past.  Might have happened years or even decades ago.  Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish between a granuloma and a tumor or cancer.  Not in your case, however.  The presence of calcium tells us, with the rarest of exceptions, that this is a benign lesion, a granuloma.  You don’t have TB or cancer or anything else to worry about.  You will carry this calcified granuloma with you the rest of your life and it will show up on every X-ray that is taken
2 Comments
Blank
A related discussion, lung granuloma 5" was started.
Blank
A related discussion, calcified granuloma was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker