Respiratory Disorders Community
cant breath always dizzy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

cant breath always dizzy

I AM FEMALE 26 YEARS OLD . FOR THE PAST 2 MONTHS I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING VERY BAD SHORTNESS OF BREATH WITH DIZZIENESS. I HAVE BEEN TO THE ER 3 TIMES THE FIRST TIME THEY TOLD ME I HAD A PANIC ATTACK AND I HYPERVENTALATED (SORRY FOR SPELLING) THE SECOND TIME THEY TOLD ME I COULD BE MY STOMACH AND GAVE ME SOMETHING TO NUMB MY THOAT AND PERSCRIBED TAGMENT THAT DIDNT WORK, THE THIRD TIME I HAD A CHEST X-RAY AND EKG AND BLOOD TESTS EVERYTHING CAN BACK FINE AND THEY TOLD ME AGAIN THAT I PROBLY HAVE HEART BURN. EVERYDAY  NOW I FEEL LIKE I AM CHOKING, I AM DIZZY THE ROMMS FEELS LIKE IT IS MOVING WITH ME, I LOSE MY BREATH WHEN I TALK THEN I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING TO PASS OUT. AT NIGHT I CANT CATCH MY BREATH I CAN FEEL MY HEART BEATING SOMETIMES VERY HARD AND OTHER TIMES I FEEL LIKE ITS GOING TO STOP, I WAKE UP 3 TO 4 TIMES A NIGHT GASPING FOR AIR. I NEED HELP I DONT SLEEP ANYMORE I USE TO BE VERY ENERGETIC NOW CANT EVEN GO OUT BECASUE I AM DONT WANT TO PASS OUT . PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OR TELL ME WHERE I NEED TO GO. WHAT EVER IS HAPPING TO ME IS RUNING MY LIFE I CANT EVEN TAKE CARE OF MY 1 YEAR OLD SON PLEASE HELP.
Tags: dizziness
it seems that you have a chronic hyperventilation syndrome...look it up...all your symptoms point to that but make sure your doctor examines everything first to rule out any other serious conditions...if all your tests keep coming back normal it really does sound like you have hyperventilation syndrome...especially the diziness part caused by you subconciously overbreathing...but like i said get examined propery
I am not a doctor and cannot do anything other than to tell you that when I was your age I started to have anxiety attacks for the first time and sometimes they did feel like what you described.  I had many physical exams and bloodwork to rule out other diseases and then finally a doctor actually asked me some more personal questions and realized I was having anxiety attacks.  I took some anti-anxiety medicine and an antidepressent and started to feel much better within weeks.  Make sure the doctors consider the option that you might have a panic disorder.