Respiratory Disorders Community
cant catch breath

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

cant catch breath

my 4 year old son just started taking deep breath all day long even just laying down watching a movie he dont act like he cant breath but is consantly taking deep breaths he sleeps fine at night
but as soon as his wakes up he does the same thing all day  the doctor said his ox level was 96 %
97% and his lungs was very clear so if you have any info please let me no thank you
It would be interesting to see what he is doing while he is sleeping...This really is a curious thing. I take it that the doctor is also puzzled by this. Does your son voice that he is having problems (my son at that age with asthma would say that he was " 'eezing" when he was having an attack). Gosh, I wonder if it is hyperventilation syndrome especially if lung tests come back normal. But at 4, it is hard to get a kiddo to do them. I wish I could help more...maybe push for more testing by a specialist ( a pediatric pulmonologist) to find some answers. Sunny