Respiratory Disorders Community
cardiac microvascular dysfunction and low SATS
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cardiac microvascular dysfunction and low SATS

I have Cardiac MVD. This dysfunction occurs when the blood held in the microvessels of the heart does not move enough to meet a cardiac demand. The heart muscle becomes ischemic but typically not show any problems with SATS despite shortness of breath. Because of the ongoing ischemic heart pain which is very much helped with nitroglycerine patch 24/7, I have developed compensatory breathing. I have sleep apnea treated and corrected with CPAP without assistive O2 and nightime SATS are 98. Recently, I developed low daytime O2 SATS at 87 and with deep breathing, 92. My PCP has performed blood tests for bio markers. I also have ongoing cardiac vasospasms treated decently, but not perfectly, with a CCB. What can be done to increase O2 realizing that I cannot exercise due to the severe cardiac endothelial dysfunction? Thanks.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

O2 sats need to be maintained above 88% to prevent damage to vital organs. Its balancing, either you limit your activity to maintain good O2 sats or you will have to use supplemental oxygen therapy to maintain good sats.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank