cause of scar tissue on lung and what can be done?
was recently admitted to respitory/cardiac ward in hospital due to breathing difficulty. chest very tight 14 days in hospital blood pressure flucuating between 90 and 190/  was informed there was scar tissue on the lung. and possibly would have reoccurance of that episode up to four times a year.{later informed pacemaker kept me alive}
never had any lung problem until a car accident, apart from all the fractures to ribs, pelvis and sacrum had lung collapse, {Pneumo thorax.} Pleural effusion, acute respitory failure, pulmonary oedema, acute renal failure.
Had pneumonia twice in hospital.
My question is after all that;   What can be done about scar tissue on lung.
                                           Though it appears the scar tissue resulted from the accident,
                                           what else could have been the cause.?
i have been treated for pneumonia, bronchitis and laryngitis for a month/various antibiotics(pills and shots), prednizone, decadron , depomedrol shots, mucinex, singular, robitussin dm, nebulizer with albuterol.  just finished meds, dr. xray and sent me to lung specialist who said i have scar tissue on my lungs and will do a ct scan thursday.  i am still barely able to whisper and extremely tired w/cold sweats.  i had the same thing w/more excessive cough, sputum and fever in may and june.  taken around 15 rounds of antibiotics(counting shots w/lots of cortizone.)  i've had trouble for years/feeling like my breathing is not getting deep into my diaphragm.  any advice.  i also have been using advair for aroundf 3-4 yrs. thanks