Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
chest and back pain/numbness

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

chest and back pain/numbness

I had what the dr. called acute bronchitis about a month ago and he did a chest x-ray and said everything looked normal. since then I've started having dull to mild pain, and numbness in my chest and back between shoulder and bottom of ribs on left side. I have also started having a burning sensation when I urinate, and having on and off pains in my kidneys. I should let you know that I smoked for 26 yrs. 1 to 2 packs a day, but since this has happened I've been quit for a month, but chewing nicorette gum. Any help with this would be very greatly appreciated thanks!
The normal chest x-ray is reassuring.  However you could have a little pleurisy along with the acute bronchitis.  Pleurisy is inflammation or irritation of the pleura, the sac that holds the lungs.  This can cause chest tightness and pain, which is felt more with deep breathing and coughing.

A urinary tract infection is the one problem that would explain both back and kidney pain along with burning when urinating.  Your back pain could be pain referred from your urinary tract.  You should be examined for a urinary tract infection and treated for it.
just thought I should also let you know that I haven't had any shortness of breath, or coughing, and no coughing up mucous or phlegm to speak of. Just thought you might need to know this if there's anything I can tell you to help me with this please let me know. Thanks again!
sounds to me you have a urine infection and need to go to the doctors and get a culture done...good luck
I just wanted to let everyone know that I went to the dr. got a uti exam and he said the test didn't show me having a uti but I'm still burning when urinating. Also still having pain and numbness in back and chest except now it has started bothering me on right side too! I had a ct scan done a few days ago just got the results today, dr. said thay didn't find anything. Is the ct scan very reliable for finding cancer, etc. This pain, numbness, etc. is about to drive me crazy! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!