Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
chest congestion after flu
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

chest congestion after flu

I have broncial asthma. I got diagnosed with the flu from my asthma doctor. Was sent home with Tamiflu, Prednisone, and Azithromycin (to ward off any complications). They also gave me a breathing treatment which cleared me out somewhat.  Now, the next day, the heavy respiratory congestion and cough is back full force. My stomach muscles are killing me from coughing. What is the best and quickest way for me to rid myself of the congestion? I hit my rescue inhaler but it doesn't help.

Normally my Asthma is mild. I've thought of purchasing a nebulizer but I know it would just sit there after this ailment passes.
242587_tn?1355427710
This is an expected complication of the flu.  I would call your physician.  There are medications that can help you.  Depending of what your physician thinks, these may be: increasing your rescue medication, adding an inhaled steroid 2 times a day and increasing the dose and frequency of the prednisone.

2 Comments
Blank
Thank you Doctor.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now