chest pain upon exhaling
I am a healthy 72 yr old....take no meds....have no issues until now. I work out with weights approx 3x per week and walk. I have been able to do the Spartan 300 workout. I am 6'3" and weight 219lbs. What could be the cause of the chest discomfort when I eoutinely exhale. I have only experienced this the last couple of days.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If you have constant coughing, it could cause muscle strain and chest pain. Sometimes the pleura, the lining of the chest cavity and lungs can get inflamed causing pain with coughing or exhaling. Sometimes repetitive injuries or strain can also produce these symptoms. Inflammation of the muscles, joints and surrounding soft tissues can also cause pain. If the pain is aggravated with work or exercise then it could be due to cardiac pain. It would be wise to consult a doctor just to be sure it’s nothing more serious.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.