Respiratory Disorders Community
chest pain w/ painful breathing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

chest pain w/ painful breathing

most of the morning i have had chest pain on my left side and it hurts even more to take a deep breath in. should i be worried?
If it does not subside I would have it checked. Could it be a pulled muscle?
Yes, chest pain is very serious, ask yourself some quick questions, is this pain a sharp or dull pain, is it heaviness, or stabbing type pain, if you are sick at your stomach and sweating, go to the ER immediately.  If it hurts just when you breath, then I would see your MD and they will probably due a chest xray and see what is going on, it could be any number of things, but plurisy is a problem that is common and hurts when you take a breath, it is usually cleared up with steriods.  Good luck.. May GOD Bless YOu