Respiratory Disorders Community
chest pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

chest pain

I am a 72 yr old male who exersizes regularly and is not on any medication. Recentlt I have been experiencing pain upon exhaleing only. Never have had previous experience with this. I took a baby aspirin as a precaution. Any ideas as what could cause this? Other than this I am in great physical condition. I am 6'3" and weight 219lbs. I walk or bike and weight lift 3days a week.
Related Discussions
Hello and hope you are doing well.

As with movement you are getting pain it is likely to be an inflammation of the skin, subcutaneous tissue or the bone. This can happen with injury, repetitive activity or an infection of the skin. Sometimes it can be costo-chondritis, inflammation of the sterna rib junction. If the pain is aggravated with work or exercise then it could be due to cardiac pain. But when in doubt always best to have it checked. So please consult your primary care physician who may ask for an EKG or a treadmill test to rule out a cardiac cause for the pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank