Respiratory Disorders Community
chocking when eating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

chocking when eating

Everytime I eat I find it hard to swallow my food and when I do I start chocking and get a tickle on mt rightside of my throat,its been going on for abouy a month now,I haven't been to the doctors because I'm scared my muum died with psp and that started of with choking.I feel like somethings stuck in my throat all the time.
If the difficulty eating is continuing, see a doctor.

I ask:  do you have trouble breathing through your nose?  If so, that could, I think, contribute to difficulty when eating as I know I breath through my nose when chewing and swallowing.  This may be something the doctor will ask, or maybe can tell simply by examining you nose/sinus...I don't know, but I do know when my sinus is swollen, it can give me a panic feeling - feeling of suffocating even though I can breath through my mouth..