Respiratory Disorders Community
chronic cough after quit smoking and got dentures
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

chronic cough after quit smoking and got dentures

My wife has a chronic cough that has not abated for over a year now.  She began coughing after she quit smoking and had her teeth removed and had dentures fitted in.  Her dentures seem to fit fine, but she cannot seem to stop coughing.  The cough happens between 2-10 times a day or more and even wakes her up at night some times as well.  She does not wish to go to a doctor and just insists it is allergies or a reaction to her dentures.  Does either make sense?  thanks for whatever insights are provided...

Sincerely,

Pirsq
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
When I quit smoking, I had a bit of a cough when muscous kept coming up from the lungs but this stopped after about a week or two.  I have allergies as well and I don't have a chronic cough.  You wife may not want to go to a doctor but as this has been going on for over a year now, she should see a doctor and have him diagnose what is wrong.  Have never heard of dentures causing coughing unless they don't fit properly. Hope you find out what's causing the cough soon.  Take care.
Blank
Have you ever heard of an allergy reaction to the adhesive pads for dentures.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...