Respiratory Disorders Community
chronic cough

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

chronic cough

I have R A and have had a chronic cough for some time now, but it seems to be getting worse. My lungs are clear whenever the doctors have check it. I have had a TB test and it was negative. I always seems to have phlem in my throat. I sometimes cough it up and it it usully clear. Sometimes I doesn't come up at all. I think I swollow a lot. Some times I can blow my nose but not much comes out. I have tried decongestoin pills and allergy pills they don't seem to help much. I am taking Volern, Prenizone and embrel for my R A. My R A doctor knows about the cough so I  don't think it is from the meds. I was told one time that I had exersise endused asthma and my cough does seem to be worse when I do anything at all. I live in a small town so don't have many specialist. Can you maybe give a hint on some things that may be causing this and is it something to worry about.