Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
concerned about TB

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

concerned about TB

i have latent tb and i am taking isoniazid for 9 months and i went to boston and i forgot to bring my medication with me . and i missed two weeks of my medication and am so worried. and i heard that it not might work again in your system, so i went to the nurse and told her and she said that i must keep taking it. and when i star taking it back i feel like the medication is not working  when i take it back. my stomack burns nd i feel like i have shortness of breath so can you help me plz by giving me some advice?
Tags: Concerned
I agree with the nurse’s advice that you resume taking the Isoniazid.  I am not sure what you mean by, “I feel like the medication is not working”, but whatever that may be should not dissuade you from taking the medication.  Stomach irritation is a not uncommon side effect but shortness of breath is not and, in your situation, probably secondary to anxiety for having missed dosing for two weeks.

It is recommended that the drug be taken 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals.   You might try it both ways to see which way works best to relieve your stomach pain.  If that doesn’t work, check with your doctor.  You might also want to check with the nurse or doctor about getting liver function tests done, as Isoniazide can adversely effect one’s liver.
Good luck
am taking isoniazid for latent TB and i missed two weeks of my medication can i still keep on taking the medication?