Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
connection with Asthma and TB

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

connection with Asthma and TB
I had a positive reading for a TB test. My doctor believes I had a reaction to test. because of the redness and itching. My job sent me to the TB clinic where the doctor there states my chest x-ray was consistant to TB(tubes swollen) however I have had asthma all my life. I was asked if I had coughing and wheezing. My response. I have had, those SX all my life. what. I have take a sprutum(if I'm spelling that correct) cluture. is there some kind of connection with the two.
There is no connection between asthma and tuberculosis (TB).  Redness and itching do not count with the TB test.  What counts is the size of the area of induration or hardness.  You should confirm this with the doctor in the TB clinic and also confirm if your x-ray findings are showing inactive TB.  Getting the sputum culture is a good idea.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker