Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
constant diziness,nausea,ringing in ears

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

I am a 53 yr old male that has been diagnosed with copd/emphysema. I also was treated for a blockage in an artery,with a stint. I was diagnosed approx. a year ago and the breathing has not gotten any better. But my biggest problem that the doctors have not been able to help wiyh is the following. From the time i get up to the time i go to bed, i am nausea,dizzy tingling in head,and a very loud ringing in the ears. This is to the point that i am unable to do anything. It gets worse at times the ringing will get louder and the diziness will increase and my vision is effected either dots or just the inability to focus.Fro the last year it would come and go but during the last month it has been constant.It is driving me nuts,because the doctors are no help, one told me to take metrazine,I have no help.One gave me a prescription for xanax( I have not taken that).I have had all the test and no blockage of arteries in neck was found.The heart seems to be fine.I need to go to work to support my family so I have to have this fixed.
Please someone tell me what this is and what I can take to fix.
I currently take advair,combivent and flovent. And i asperin per day. Please anyone.
The symptoms that you have described generally do not occur with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).  With COPD it is possible to have a low level of oxygen in your blood.  This is also known as hypoxemia and may explain your symptoms.

It is much more likely that you have a problem with your inner ear or 8th cranial nerve.  One example is Meniere
I am a 54 yr old male who was diagnosed with MS 20 years ago and have been on injectable medications since BetaSeron was introduced in 93.  I too have the ringing in the ears, loss of balance and eyes that lose their field of vision or dot and blur out.  I have heard that microplasma can be discovered in a blood test  and can be treated with long term oral doses of doxycyclene.  You can find sites on Mycoplasma on the net.  Check out http://www.all-natural.com/riley.html.  She has in all the fluff stumbled on a problem with microplasma that hits the nail on the head.  I believe that microplasma has been sround much longer than the gulf war and that some people are genetically more inclined to have their immune systems go awry because microplasma is present in our systems.  Check out this site  http://www.rainbowminerals.net/whatrmycoplasmas.htm , it really hits close to home.

Good luck
I just had to comment.  I am a healthy 24 year old male except for the following problems: I have frequent dizziness and occasional nausea and increased ringing in my ears.  All of which happen concurrently.  I have never mentioned it to a doctor but during a brief search for others with similar symptoms I found this site.  Just wanted to populate the internet with a similar story.
These symptoms sound like high blood pressure to me but I am no doctor. But to play it safe if I were you I'd get checked for it because it causes strokes. A stroke is one of the top three killers in America. Which in turn is no bueno!
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker