Respiratory Disorders Community
copd

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

copd

hi.iam a 40 year old male whose had a productive cough (mornings ) for 2 years now. iam an x-smoker 25 years/20 a day. my lung function showed siginificant reduction but are now normal. i take seritide and nazonex daily. my dr doesn't think i have copd. i have taken reflux medication too just in case.  my ct is normal and sputum culture is normal too. i have to clear my throat alot and feel congested right at the base of my throat. please could anyone give share their thoughts with me about what my problem may be. thank you
I have just been told I have COPD.The test they did was in a glass booth and you inhaled and exhaled for about a half hour.I think it was a lung function test.The test showed that I had reduuction in the small holes in the lungs.I sometimes wheeze. They did put me on advair250/50 that I had lots of trouble with so I had them change it to spiriva.I clear my throat alot also and it hurts to swallow a large pill right in the top of the throat (right pass the back of the throat where we cant see.I dont think you have copd but have they looked inside your throat to rule out any problems with acid reflux?I so hope you start feeling better I no your scared as Iam.I do think am going to ask for the test that you had done because the function test was all they are going by right now.I do have a test coming up on Nov.19 for the tube down your throat to see if there is a problem there.May God  Be with you and I will be praying for you.
  Forgot to tell you am 47 friday(WEEEE HAAAA),,,,not....Iam female and a smoker of 33 yrs.I so want to quit.I hate smoking and this is sad that it has this much hold on me.Good Luck