copd
I have mild copd and I have no symptoms,I do not smoke and I take care of myself.  Will my copd get worse???
It doesn't have to. Keep taking care of yourself
thick phlem on my chest that wont come up as i have copd and asthma - any ideas to losen this so i cn breathe better
You can try something like Musinex or reg ole cough meds, but it usulay is justa quick fix and sometimes doesn't help at all. Other than that, there's not much else you can do. I wish I had better news for you, but unfortuantly that is usualy a permanent stay with copd.
As long as you keep yourself healthy and continue on your meds or other treatments that work for you, you can keep it under control. Unfortunatly the reality is, yes, it will eventualy get worse, but for now, it sounds as though your doing great under the circumstances and should stay that way for quite some time. People live with this disease for many many years as long as they keep healthy and their syptoms under control.
COPD is not reversible, but the good news is that more and more people with COPD are living longer and living better.  The best advice I can give you is to educate yourself and take an active role in managing your disease now , before its gets worse.   If you haven't already, start a daily exercise program and stick to it!   If you need help, there are tons of support groups out there.

Best Wishes
I too have just found out I have COPD or emphysema. I do smoke and am trying to quit, but find it super hard. I called the Quit Line for support and help. I am not sure what to think myself. My doctor just called on Friday to "inform me" that I have this and then went off and something totally different and unrelated. I was like "let's back up here, I have what?" and he was so ho hum about it, that I'm not sure what to think. In my day, it meant death soooon. I feel lonely and lost right now and wish I could hear more from people learning and living with it. I always have a thick clear mucus in my throat now. Doctor says "its very unusual" but yet I've read it's one of the symptoms of this. He said it was a mild case, yet with this stuff in my throat all the time, it makes me wonder. Am I so different?
I do NOT have COPD, but have bronchiectasis in which thick mucus is in the bronchial airway tubes.  My doctor has me on a nebulizer with albuteral to open the airways and soften the mucus.  Also, he has my on a Hill-Rom Airway Clearance Vest to help get rid of the mucus.  You can google it.  It's possible that this would also work for you.