cough and spit black phlegm
I am a non-smoker, I have been coughing for the las month or so, this morning in the shower I started to spit black phlegm.  Now I know this is not "normal".  My father died from lung cancer at age 61, he was a smoker.  I am using "Flovent" in the morning and "Ventolin" as needed.

Any idea if that would stop by itself or should I see a doctor for stronger stuff?

Thanks.
I'm asthmatic and have never smoked. Over the past six weeks I have been coughing up grey phlegm with black specks in it. I went to see my gp who sent me for an X ray and was clear. I'm still coughing this up and don't know if it's worth going back to my gp
I do not smoke and am not around smokers, dont know why but cough and nose phlegm is black.  Scare because I have so much going on including resporitory problems.  Hope it isnt something more than just phlegm.