Respiratory Disorders Community
cough and spit black phlegm
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cough and spit black phlegm

I am a non-smoker, I have been coughing for the las month or so, this morning in the shower I started to spit black phlegm.  Now I know this is not "normal".  My father died from lung cancer at age 61, he was a smoker.  I am using "Flovent" in the morning and "Ventolin" as needed.

Any idea if that would stop by itself or should I see a doctor for stronger stuff?

Thanks.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I'm asthmatic and have never smoked. Over the past six weeks I have been coughing up grey phlegm with black specks in it. I went to see my gp who sent me for an X ray and was clear. I'm still coughing this up and don't know if it's worth going back to my gp
Blank
I do not smoke and am not around smokers, dont know why but cough and nose phlegm is black.  Scare because I have so much going on including resporitory problems.  Hope it isnt something more than just phlegm.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...