Respiratory Disorders Community
coughing, gagging, wake up out of sleep, almost to the point of throwin...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

coughing, gagging, wake up out of sleep, almost to the point of throwing up

Hello, my question is well my fiance' has been coughing, gagging, jumping up out of his sleep coughing and has not been getting any sleep and I haven't either so I am wondering what do you think it might be and what should I do to help him?
Avatar n tn
well im not a professional, but i have been thru what he is going thru. i don't have a solution, but i know from what the doctors told me is that it is asthma... (unfortunately i am not able to afford the meds, so yeah, but im sure it can be fixed) in my case though, a lot of it can be helped  by controlling the temperature. mine is worse if i get too hot, so you might try turning up the AC or using a fan. but that's just me. i hope this helps!
Avatar n tn
I was awaken a couple of times through the night coughing, gagging etc. and found out I have sleep apnea...I also found out I snore...for a lady that is pretty embarrasing. Now I sleep with a breathing CPAP machine and things have settled down.