coughing, wheezing, phlem, breathing problems and they tell me im perfectly healthy
I got a chest infectin 9 months ago and was treated several times, the coughing got worse til i was on the floor beggin someone to help me as i could not breathe, i have been on symbicort inhalers, ventilin, you name it as well as antibiotics. I have had x-rays, blood tests, urine samples, t.b checks, the works and yet still nothing. I constantly cough til it feels like im choking on my own air, wheezing, you can even feel the wheezing by putting my hand on my chest... it has been 9 months of this and surely it cannot be nothing? i have also had a bit of blood in the phlem ... i have recently had to go to the emergency unit for a nebuliser as i couldnt breathe and aparently my lips went blue etc etc ... help??
I has very similar symtoms in 07 - I finally was sent to Mayo Clinic when I could no longer get my breath.  I remember that ambulance ride of about an hour and getting to emergency room - after that I remember nothing - they ended up putting me in a medical induced coma for about 6 weeks - I had "aspergillis fungus pneomonia"  My chances of surviving were little.  I have survived and am doing ok.  I am an asthmatic and have been on prednisone for probably 30 or more years.  This past summer I was having difficulty again with my breathing and ended up having to have a trache tube put in - it will have to be permanent - my windpipe had deteriated to the point that there was no way for me to breath.  Lung diseases are rough - after the coma they really thought I would have to have nursing constantly - they didn't think I would ever walk again or write again - I still use a cain to help with balance - but other than that I am ok.  You just need to find a specialist in pulmonary.  I was lucky enough to be close to Mayo clinic in Rochester MN - You trully need an expert.