Respiratory Disorders Community
coughing, wheezing, phlem, breathing problems and they tell me im perfe...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

coughing, wheezing, phlem, breathing problems and they tell me im perfectly healthy

I got a chest infectin 9 months ago and was treated several times, the coughing got worse til i was on the floor beggin someone to help me as i could not breathe, i have been on symbicort inhalers, ventilin, you name it as well as antibiotics. I have had x-rays, blood tests, urine samples, t.b checks, the works and yet still nothing. I constantly cough til it feels like im choking on my own air, wheezing, you can even feel the wheezing by putting my hand on my chest... it has been 9 months of this and surely it cannot be nothing? i have also had a bit of blood in the phlem ... i have recently had to go to the emergency unit for a nebuliser as i couldnt breathe and aparently my lips went blue etc etc ... help??
I has very similar symtoms (symptoms) in 07 - I finally was sent to Mayo Clinic when I could no longer get my breath.  I remember that ambulance ride of about an hour and getting to emergency room - after that I remember nothing - they ended up putting me in a medical induced coma for about 6 weeks - I had "aspergillis fungus pneomonia"  My chances of surviving were little.  I have survived and am doing ok.  I am an asthmatic and have been on prednisone for probably 30 or more years.  This past summer I was having difficulty again with my breathing and ended up having to have a trache tube put in - it will have to be permanent - my windpipe had deteriated to the point that there was no way for me to breath.  Lung diseases are rough - after the coma they really thought I would have to have nursing constantly - they didn't think I would ever walk again or write again - I still use a cain to help with balance - but other than that I am ok.  You just need to find a specialist in pulmonary.  I was lucky enough to be close to Mayo clinic in Rochester MN - You trully need an expert.