Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
coughing with green phlemg for nearly a year what could be going on?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

coughing with green phlemg for nearly a year what could be going on?

I developed a cough with green phlemg last early August my GP thought it was a thing going around and treated me with antibiotics , however it's never cleared up .  I do have asthma and lupus.After a winter and spring of being on and off antibiotics a visit to a ENT and pulmonary Dr. We can't get it to clear up.  In april I developed pneumonia which did resolve but the cough & green stuff has continued. I have been on all the normal protocal for sinuitis nasal washes etc.  I take a lot of meds due to lupus.  My Rheumy thinks mayby it could be my lupus and is considering a plan of 40mg pred and 2.5 mg metotrexate 3 tabs weekly. I am very sensitive to pred and blow up fast so I am leary of doing this. I'm currently in the middle of a 30 d Zithromyacin 250 mg course and at first things were good and a few days ago it came back.  I'm continuing it but wonder what to do next any suggestions or thought on what could be wrong?  any help greatly appreciated.  I take celebrex, plaquenile, advair 250/50, combivent, singular , loratadine, normadyne 200mg and norvasc 5mg for HBP.