crackles in the lung
hiya

does any-one have any info on crackles in the lung and chest pain and coughing, i've had it for 3 weeks, it's really loud and can even be heard withought auscultation, i was given amoxicilan which didn't work, about a week later i went back to the doctor who was quite worried i think, so he sent me to get nebulised, he listened to my chest again after nebulisation and there wasn't much difference, so now i'm on clairemycthin sp? and prednisolone steroids 40mg (8 tablets a day) . i'm still crackling although it is not as bad as it was, it gets worse when lying down. so  i have a couple of questions.

any ideas whats going on? i'm 28 year old female, i gave up smoking about a year and a half ago (best decision ever!)

I had something similar the year before and had a very very bad chest infection in 2006.

the crackles / rales are during expiration

any ideas? any-one? anything or previous experience
Hi therejust joined this site today out of desperation. Crackles i have been told is due to infection-well can be a sign of it.