Respiratory Disorders Community
crawling through my veins

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

crawling through my veins

I've had this "inside itchey, crawley feeling" that seems to stem from the left side of my neck.  Like something is crawling through my veins.  It seems to go around my chest; left armpit, left front just below waist(bubbly, vibrating feeling here sometimes), left groin & UP through the left side of my face to the top of my head.  It seems to be spreading further all the time.I had been complaining to my Dr about twinges & intermittent pain on left side of neck, left armpit, left side midway between waist & armpit. They finally found a multi-nodule mass on my thyroid but are not concerned about it since they found empty lesions on my RIGHT lung (getting needle biopsy) along with "mild" emphysema. X-ray & CT scan were ordered after a ONE time occurance of coughing up about 2 teaspoons of blood one night.  No significant shortness of breath or blood in sputum & only had bronchitis twice in my lifetime of 53 yrs that I know of. Could a bad root canal be one source?  Could they be overlooking the real source of my problems because I've been a long time smoker?
Tags: Lung, Chest
those are indeed some very odd symptoms curiouse. Its possible they are overlooking something yes,, but there arent many things that can live in the body that could behave that way... the only suggestion for searching I could point you in, and I will because as they say leave no stone unturned... would be to check out Morgellons.... its being investigated by the CDC now due to the number of reported sufferers ... but so far things are just in the study phase...here is a website to check out.. Im not sure if the symptoms vary widely from one person to the next,, but it is something to consider until you figure out what it is for certain.

http://morgellonswatch.com/category/delusions/

"quote" There’s a key pararagraph in Brigid Schulte’s excellent Washington Post article on Morgellons:

At the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., doctors are beginning to discover how imprecise a diagnosis of “delusions of parasitosis” can be. In the past five years, 175 people have been admitted to the clinic with that diagnosis. After thorough evaluations, however, with doctors taking the time to search for underlying problems, only half of those patients left the clinic with that diagnosis intact. Doctors found a very real cause of the itching in the other half.

It’s key both because it illustrates the false dichotomy of “disease or delusion” that the media and the MRF have forced upon Morgellons, and because it offers a way out of this dead end debate.

Let’s say somebody itches. That’s all, they just itch, but really badly, so it’s a problem. They go to the doctor, and the doctor does a lot of tests to try to find out why they are itching. They do all kinds of tests, and discuss possible environmental causes with the patient, they keep at this for a long time but they can’t find out why the patient is itching.

Is the patient delusional?

No. Clearly not. They are just itching, and they can’t find out why. Now, this obviously would be a horrible situation to be in. Painful itching, and no solution in sight. Horrible. But just because the doctor can’t find a cause for their itching, it does not mean they are delusional.

Now consider the 175 people mentioned above. They were diagnosed with delusions of parasitosis, but after doctors looked for underlying problems, only half of them retained that diagnosis. Consider what this means.

Thank you Jennifer.  Although I have been anxious about all of this I never thought it could be a parasite other than a bacterial infection stemming from a bad root canal.  I still don't think it could be a parasite other than bacteria or a virus but the post menopausal connection fits.  Thanks again for replying.  
I have the same crawling mostly in my left armpit and around left stomach area.

Did you ever find out what it was?

Mine comes and goes.. Usually I'm good at finding explanations online, but this is a very unique feeling and I haven't found answer.