Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
cronic cough
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

cronic cough

I started coughing about 1 month ago. I went to the doctor and he said my lungs are clear, I was given zpac and then alegra-d. Now I am taking Benzonatate 200mg. These are suppose to help stop the cough. NOTHING is helping. A few years ago I had this same cough and went through a ton of respiratory tests and found nothing. Although the cough was there for 5-6 months. That  happened 2 years in a row. I am exhausted from this and just need to find out why. I have asked for alergy (allergy) tests to see if that is my problem, but my doctor thinks not. IS it possible that acid reflux could cause this cough? There are several family members with this although none have a cough, just terrible heartburn, which I do NOT have. Would it hurt to take something like prilosec or pepcid or one of those to see if it helps? The cough seems to be coming from my chest even though the doctor says my lungs are clear. My friend wonders if it is congestive heart failure. You see I have had MANY ideas and NOTHING is helping.