Respiratory Disorders Community
desperate4help *my aplogies for the lengthyness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

I am now having a severe cough every night that goes on consistently hacking up white phlegm, sometimes foamy, which takes about 5 deep coughs to get a very small amount of phlegm up.. I was told by MANY Doctors and family members it is just the after effect of aspiration pneumonia and bronchitis. 75% of me believe that theory and the other 25% is continuing to question everything so here I am! The coughing started in October right after I choked on a muccinex pill and at one point was told I aspirated and now am being told I did not. (Do not understand that) Before the choking I had a cold, the following morning I woke up with an extreme cough, lost my voice, throat was KILLING ME, and I was coughing up very disturbing substances. I went to a doctor that day and was told it was sinusitis and possible bronchitis and had no concern with the choking incident (which happened the night before) I was prescribed amoxicillin and went home. I did not get better only have worse.  I went to an urgent care, had 2 breathing treatments done, a chest x-ray, and a thoroughly exam. I was told Pneumonia and bronchitis. Once again, when I mentioned the choking he did not care. He prescribed me a zpax, inhaler, and steroids. (No cough medicine, no anxiety medication because I COULDN’T BREATHE) I also had complained of severe back pain because the coughing an honestly brutal and still can be at times.  I could go in to detail about everything else but I won’t, after all that I today had a bronchoscopy done with the hopes of finding the PILL I had choked on , the Pulmonary Doctor believed so , I listened to her recommendation. After the procedure I am told they could not reach whatever was in there because it was too far down and it will naturally come out on its own. Mind you in the past hour I have coughed up about 1/2 of a cup of WHITE phlegm. I do not understand what is going on or why I even had the procedure if nothing happening. I can’t even sleep because of this all. I have spent so much money, a total of $650 on listening to what these Doctors have advised me to do and I am still sick.

If anyone knows any home remedies to help with this cough and to clear up the phlem. Any advice, anything.. I am open.

Thank you!

xo