I am now having a severe cough every night that goes on consistently hacking up white phlegm, sometimes foamy, which takes about 5 deep coughs to get a very small amount of phlegm up.. I was told by MANY Doctors and family members it is just the after effect of aspiration pneumonia and bronchitis. 75% of me believe that theory and the other 25% is continuing to question everything so here I am! The coughing started in October right after I choked on a muccinex pill and at one point was told I aspirated and now am being told I did not. (Do not understand that) Before the choking I had a cold, the following morning I woke up with an extreme cough, lost my voice, throat was KILLING ME, and I was coughing up very disturbing substances. I went to a doctor that day and was told it was sinusitis and possible bronchitis and had no concern with the choking incident (which happened the night before) I was prescribed amoxicillin and went home. I did not get better only have worse. I went to an urgent care, had 2 breathing treatments done, a chest x-ray, and a thoroughly exam. I was told Pneumonia and bronchitis. Once again, when I mentioned the choking he did not care. He prescribed me a zpax, inhaler, and steroids. (No cough medicine, no anxiety medication because I COULDN’T BREATHE) I also had complained of severe back pain because the coughing an honestly brutal and still can be at times. I could go in to detail about everything else but I won’t, after all that I today had a bronchoscopy done with the hopes of finding the PILL I had choked on , the Pulmonary Doctor believed so , I listened to her recommendation. After the procedure I am told they could not reach whatever was in there because it was too far down and it will naturally come out on its own. Mind you in the past hour I have coughed up about 1/2 of a cup of WHITE phlegm. I do not understand what is going on or why I even had the procedure if nothing happening. I can’t even sleep because of this all. I have spent so much money, a total of $650 on listening to what these Doctors have advised me to do and I am still sick.
If anyone knows any home remedies to help with this cough and to clear up the phlem. Any advice, anything.. I am open.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.