Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
diagnosis is mild asthma and 4 lung nodules bilaterally

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

hello, i recently was diagnosed with lung nodules through a ct scan. i had breathing tests with the pulmonologist who stated i have mild asthma. he did not say anything else for now. the pet scan showed slight uptake of nodules and they are very tiny the largest being less than half 1 cm. there was no uptake showing anywhere else in my body. i have to repeat the ct scan in 3 months again for lung nodules. well, here i am for now. has anyone had these nodules or diagnosis for mild asthma. i have a thyroid nodule too they are monitoring . i had a fna biopsy which turned out to be benign. i am being monitored. i also have a thickend endometrium of my uterus and ovarian cyst which i am being monitored for. my gyn will be doing a d and c of my uterus in dec. i have had two endometrial biopsies which were normal.  anyone experience lung nodules and mild asthma. how is everything with you all now. thank you everyone. should i be worried. yes, i am.........help is sure needed
Your asthma and the nodules are most likely unrelated.  Multiple tiny nodules, in your circumstance, are most likely to be benign but the scheduled CT follow-up is appropriate.

Interpretation of the nodules, by the radiologist and pulmonologist, would be enhanced by further information about your geographic location and the incidence of nodules secondary to infection in your general community and also by a review of all previous chest X-rays  for comparison with the current ones and the CT Scan.

You should ask your pulmonologist about the most likely diagnosis, given these CT findings.

Good luck
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker