Respiratory Disorders Community
difference between mild and moderate and severe

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

I have been assessed with Dyspnea, Mild Pulmonary obstructive disorders, Chronic obstructive asthma, Hypoxia, Primary hypersomnia with sleep apnea, Pulmonary hypertension. When I ask my doctor questions he seems reluctant to discuss any of these problems with me...says I have a little copd and mild asthma...I started using a cpap machine last week and now I sleep through the night but I'm sleepy during the day still. My question is, 'what is a little copd or mild asthma?'

This discussion is related to Stage and Severity of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
You probably had lung function tests...based on those results, your doc might interpret them as having mild COPD along with an asthmatic component. Your doc really should sit down and discuss all of these diagnosis with you until you are satisfied with his explanation. It is his duty to do this....I would insist on it if I were you. Hypoxia means that you drop your oxygen levels, again...your doc should say to what extent. Pulmonary hypertension is high blood pressure of the pulmonary artery which can be caused from sleep apnea or COPD (if it is severe enough)
As far as still feeling not rested, it may take time for your body to recover from the effects of not sleeping correctly for however how long you had sleep apnea. I know that it took time with me, at least a few weeks before I started feeling like not nodding off during the day. I would give it some time as far as that goes.
Again, definitely pin down your doc and have him discuss your diagnosis, treatment plan of each and follow up. Do you see a pulmonologist? That might be a good thing to do considering you have many respiratory issues.
I hope this helps..Sunny