Aa
A
A
Close
difficulty breathing while running
I am a 37 year old mother of three.  I run on our treadmill to maintain weight and fitness.  I'm trying to build my endurance and have been pushing myself to run short distances at a faster pace.  I'm 5'5" and weigh 148 lbs.  I typically run 1 mile at 5.0 and 1/2 mile at 6.0 and another mile at 5.0.  This gives me about 2.5 miles per night.  I am having a lot of trouble breathing during my runs.  I have to stop completely for a moment and yawn really hard to get my air and then I can start again.  I've been doing this for about three weeks.  I'm sitting at my desk today and I'm I feel like I have to yawn constantly to get my air in.  I've never been able to run long distances because of this but it seems to be getting worse.  I haven't talked to my doctor yet... not really sure what to say.  Is this something I can control by using a different breathing technique while running or does this indicate a lung capacity issue?  Should I visit my doctor?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I've been experiencing the same thing.  Did you ever find out what was causing this?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources