Respiratory Disorders Community
do i have tb?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

do i have tb?

hi im chris.i hope someone my help or advise me what to do.ive got my first xray resulting that i have suspicious densities on my left lung.they required a apico lordotic view xray again.results that i have ptb left lung,hazy densities noted in the left lung.am i infected and able to spread the virus?pls help.im worried for my love ones safety also.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, the infiltrate as it is in the apical portion of the lung, it’s likely to be due to tuberculosis. It has an increased predilection for the apical portion of the lungs. It is not caused by virus, its a bacterial infection and can be treated. The findings are correlated with clinical symptoms and blood tests, which will show a raised ESR and increased lymphocyte count, if it is an active infection. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance. Regards.
is that posible to be infected even i go to the gym regularly?im a bodybuilder.i smoke b4 but i quit about a month ago.i dont feel or experience the symptoms yet.