Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
does a physician can misread the xray

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

does a physician can misread the xray
i have my x-ray 6months ago it was very OK i am fit to work .. now since  it was already expired i
have to undergone medical exam again i was so depress with the physician say that i have a spot on my left lungs
then they suggest me to have x-ray again the result its transfer to the right side how could it be? i was so confused i don't have any idea why it could be when i ask them why? they just say that was my reading so unprofessional
Yes, X-rays can be misread or a spot may be difficult to see on the first X-ray, perhaps because it is hidden behind a rib or another normal structure in your lung.  The first question to be answered, after a review of the X-ray, the one taken 6 months ago, by a radiologist to determine if maybe the spot was already present and is actually unchanged.  Should that be the case that would be a reason for you to be relieved.  

You refer to a “transfer.”  I believe what you mean by that is that the spot was first described as being on the left lung is now on the left.  This was probably an error in transcription but it is possible that one nodule has resolved and a new one has appeared.   Your doctor should be able to answer that question.

The most important thing to be done is for all your X-rays to be reviewed by the radiologist, to establish exactly what the facts are.  You have a right to ask for and be given this information.

If the response you get is unsatisfactory, you should request consultation with a lung specialist (pulmonologist) who is totally independent of the physicians who have provided your care thus far.

Good luck
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker