Respiratory Disorders Community
dry and productive cough

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

dry and productive cough

it is 9 days that i have this cough.  For the first five days it was dry cough and then it started where i would cough up phlem (yellowish to clear).  It is worse at night. When i cough the back and sometimes the side of my head hurts. No fever.  Chest xray showed nothing that 3 days ago.  The doctor put me on Z-pack and claratin..  I have a thyroit goiter also.  
It is now 17 days that i have this cough and no other symptons other then a slight drip. I cough mainley during the day and i cough up phlem (yellowis to clear) and the pain on the side of my head is gone until today i coughed so hard that i felt it again.  I have never had a cough for so long.  I also have thyroid goiter and nodules,so when i cough i notice the nodules more.    Any suggestions..