Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
ear pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

ear pain
I have been having ears that get blocked when I lay down to sleep and seem to be able to open up when i sit back up.  I have also developed sharp ear pain in one ear.   i have a deviated septum and a history of chronic headache + bppv  (mri of head normal).  what can cause this and is it usually easy to treat?
This can be from fluid in your ears and partial obstruction of the tube that drains the inner ear, eustacian tubes.  It sometimes follows an upper respiratory tract infection and lasts for a while and is often seen in allergies.  Sometimes it goes away with time. Other times it takes medication.  If this is persisting and/or causing you significant problems, I would suggest having your physician look into your ears and determine the problem.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker