enlarged Thoracic diaphragm
HI,
  I just had a chest x-ray today, because of shortness of breath, that started suddenly about 3 weeks ago.

It showed my left diaphragm enlarged, to about 4 times the size of the one on the right side.
Very big difference between the two.

The x-ray also showed a white stripe going across the top of the enlarged diaphragm, across that side of the lung.

The doctor seemed more concerned about the stripe than the size of the diaphragm.

I am set to have a CT scan in 7 days, and I am worried. I have not been able to find a thing on the internet about an enlarged Thoracic_diaphragm.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,
TxRose
I have some of the same symptoms. At times it feels like I can not get a good breath in. That something is blocking my breath. When I lay down, I can hear a wheezing noise sometimes as well. It also hurts to inhale deep. It all seems to be on the right side though. It feels like I can not inflate my right lung all the way or something to that affect. The symptoms are hard to describe. I do not have an answer for you. I was layed off and don't have the insurance to get all the tests needed. I wish you much luck and prayers. It is very stressful. I don't even want to leave the house because I am not sure if I will be able to breath right. Let us know if you find out what is wrong. I would love to know myself.

Pete1
i am zoe, the original author. Doctor, why don't you answer my question i have been waiting anxiously looking forward to your reply. sorry for being so pushy but i am just so desperate hoping to get a reply from you. MANY THANKS.

Zoe
I just found out that my copd is progressing .I now have acute bronchitics, emphyzma, and getting over penouma. My friends at work are going to quit smoking to help me quit. My family think I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill.My husband is so scared . I guess I need all the support there is out there. I have been smoking for 28 years,3 to 4 packs a day.
I can see why you would be concerned.  I read your post and I too started looking for stuff on the internet and there's not much out there with that wording.  I will continue to research and I am sure you are.  Please let us know what happens.

Are you having any other symptoms?  Did the doctor order any labwork?  

By the way, I am in Texas too.

Best of luck,
Shawn
I had a blood test today because my Dr has diagnosed a virus, following a recent chest xray it showed my diaphram is enlarged, is this anything to worry about? I'm a non smoker but have a family history of emphasema, copd, I am worried