Respiratory Disorders Community
feels like my throat is closing up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

feels like my throat is closing up

well i would say i would say i have been a smoker for about 5 1/2 to 6 years and for the past year maybe a little less i have been having trouble breathing. it hasnt been till recent i can barely breath it seems i always have heart burn and for the past two years i have been going off and on with smoking. my throat is dry and i still have my tonsuls.i have never had this problem before and as far as i know very healthy besides the toxians im putting into myself(smoke).my nose doesnt feel stuffy and it feels like rght in the back where my tonsuls are the walls of my throat in that area is closing up its so dry and i have no cold sore throat nothing.i quit smoking again this time for good but im really scared because iam only 20 and i have no insurance and very tight on money. can someone help me as to telling me what it might or could be?