hi, for a several days now it has felt like there is some food or something else stuck on the back left of my mouth. When I look closely, I see a tiny black speck of something around the rear of my left tonsil. It has been there for several days but doesn't seem to have grown. it is not painful, just feels like something is stuck back there (like food). The doctor would not normally see it by a quick look, you have to look at an angle. About 1 millimeter wide tops. Any idea?
It could be just as you have described, a small piece of food that is lodged there. This is usually not a problem. I would suggest gargling with water a few times to see if this would dislodge the particle. If it becomes painful, it may be inflamed and/or infected and you will need someone to take a closer look.
Yep, had that before. I used salt water and the water pick and blasted it out. I once had a huge piece of something stuck. I acutally went to the doctors and as I was sticking out my tongue and kind of squeezing my tonsils it came out. Talk about gross!!! But I have used the water pick thing several times before. I guess that the down fall of never having those things yanked out when I was a child.
Hi i also have the same problem i fell like some thing is stuck in the back of my throat it looks creamy and its shaped like a small rock and i was thinking it was food so i gargled with water and nothing it started to hurt with all the thing i did to try to get rid of it so one day i got a paper clip and opened it to be long it was just bothering me too much for days so i poked it and made it slide out of my mouth and took it out but every now and then i get it back i dont know what it is.
i've had the same sort of thing - a small foul smelling yellowy lump that comes from the tonsil. These seem to occur at the same time I have a bit of a sore throat so I assume it's something to do with the infection, and the tonsil's role in fighting it. I've heard their called tonsiliths (literally tonsil rocks). I asked a GP and they had no idea.
i've also had other problems with getting thick sticky mucus in my throat that felt like food stuck after swallowing - I've learned to suck and spit it out, whereupon the sensation goes away.
Well I know i had a cold already the 4th time. and now it is ending, now i have a thing in my throat for 3 days and i can't stop caughing alot cause it tickles alot and thats why i can't stop coughing and i am still throwin our phlegem out and its everyday but still the tickles is still there. My workiplace is gettin tired of me coughign cause i work in a food workplace and my parents are yellin at me, i take halls, drink lots of water, i take honey and i even took benedryl and still didn't work, but the tickles is gettin less but when it starts ohh i can't stop coughin and its hard to breathe and talk, and i can't even laugh too. but when i took the honey, 2 tablespoonful of honey twice per day and it will get better. and i did just once and i woke up a little coughin and before i cough and cough and i don't stop but the 4th day i had spaces in between, i hope i will feel better/ and i know it will soon it has to. SO think if anyone has that problem, but send me back a message ok? cause i even wanna get rid of this cough, wish me luck
I am in desperate need of advise, thoughts, suggestions. My husband for several years now has this chronic condition of always trying to clear his throat from excess mucus. Also, sometimes has this these sounds coming from his throat or chest. Sometimes his attacks are worse than others. But this is a 24/7 problem for years now. When he sleeps its ok and hasn't disturb his sleep. But sometimes its starting to. Here are the things he as tried and done so far; Chest x-ray negative, a tool of some sort stuck through his nose to check throat and negative. He has tried Nexium, sinu Cleanse wash, TUSSIONEX, Claritan D, Asthma medication. Nothing has cured this nightmare. I am worried about COPD. Is it possible to have COPD and have a chest x-ray that came back fine? HELP
I had the same thing and saw an ENT and after describing the whiteish small particle that I kept coughing up, he was able to squeeze the exact same thing out of one of my tonsils. He said it's nothing to worry about, that it is actually dead lymphocytes that the tonsils are expelling. He said that it can come on in early adulthood for no reason and it will go away. He said it may come back later in life but it's more of a bother than a problem. He said the only way to get rid of it is to have the tonsils taken out but he said it is not worth it.
I just wanted to post a suggestion regarding tonsil stones. I've had problems with them since I was a teenager. A few months ago, I began taking fish oil for cardiac health. I've been taking 3 capsules a day. I SWEAR, my tonsil problems are GONE.
I wanted to share this with others. It's certainly worth a try, and good for the heart too!
Please let me know if this works for you. I'm interested to know if I've stumbled upon a cure!
Copyright 1994-2016MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.