Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
fibrosis in the upper right lobe

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

fibrosis in the upper right lobe

My X-ray result is

"There is fibrolinear density at the right upper lobe. the rest of the lung fields are clear. the trachea is in the midline. the heart is not enlarged. the pulmonary vessels are within normal limits. both hemidiaphragms are distinct. the osseous thoracic reveals no significant bony abnormality."
Conclusion: Fibrosis at the right upper lobe.
Is my x-ray result very alarming? what kind of fibrosis is this? help me....i don't know what to do...
You should seek the opinion of your lung specialist who, in turn, should consult with the (pulmonary) radiologist who interpreted the findings.  A determination of whether the findings of a “fibrolinear density” you have described are alarming or not should be made by these two specialist.  I would tell you, however, that this description of an abnormality is almost always indicative of a benign/inactive process, usually resultant from infection you had many years ago.  Tuberculosis infection often leaves this type of scarring.

The question you should ask of your doctors is whether these findings are suggestive of an active process or suggestive of scar formation.

You should also locate previous chest X-rays that you have and ask your physicians to compare with the recent X-rays.  The odds favor this not being a sign of serious/active disease.

Good luck