Respiratory Disorders Community
fluid in right lung

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

fluid in right lung

An x-ray as part of a routine physical showed fluid in my right lung.  Another set of oblique x-rays was taken and the fluid was still there.  Now my family dr. has ordered a CT-scan for this week.  I suppose no one can tell me much and hopefully the CT-scan will give a better idea of what the problem might be.  Last July I had uterine cancer surgery: the cancer was caught at a low stage, had a complete hysterectomy, and my gynecological oncologist felt no further treatment was needed.  My follow-up check-ups thus far have been good, my annual pelvic and mammogram were negative for cancer.  Now this.  I know there are a number of reasons for fluid in the lungs besides cancer, but that certainly is one of the possibilities. I was a long-time smoker, so that is a worry.  The x-ray apparently only showed fluid and my family dr. doesn't think it's cancer, but he is a family dr.  I have no other symptoms except occasional shortness of breath when lying down. I have a good deal of sinus drainage I attributed to seasonal allergies, but no cough, no loss of weight, etc.   I find myself panicking ...  I don't know if I can handle canger again in a year.  Any thoughts?