foul smelling yellow clumps in back of throat
It seems that the only time this occurs for me is when I am quitting smoking tobacco.  I notice that they have a faint smell of cigarettes.  When I quit 2 years ago I noticed these foul little things in the back of my throat in my tonsils.  Yes, I am an idiot for starting again, but I am in my 1st week of no cigarettes and its happening again.

Could it be that my tonsils now have the chance to start ridding my body of these toxins and are working overtime, thus producing these little monsters?  I know they will go away, but I am curious as to what these are... Anyone?

This discussion is related to Yellow solid lumps in back of throat (offensive smell).
I also FIRST noticed these when I quit smoking back in college and I called them "tobacco balls".  I have gotten them off and on since then, every month or so.  When I have a cold they are more frequent and usually come with a sore throat as well.  I have heard many suggestions... like bread/food particles stuck in tossil tissue, post nasal drip (mucus) but I have not spoken to the ENT.