Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
frequent urination and other problems

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

frequent urination and other problems

I have been having problems with urination lately, however it has not been consistent. Sometimes there is burning with urination and other times there is not. Some nights I will use the restroom several times during the night other nights I am fine. I have also been experiencing problem with nausea and indigestion, sometimes I will wake up feeling nauseous, even after I drank a full glass of water the night before. I have had problem with severe constipation before and have self diagnosed myself with IBS, so i'm not sure is these are symptoms of that problem or not.  I also have issues with mild dizziness and fatigue and  random shortness of breath. I'm not sure if all of my issues are related but i would like to get them figured out especially the stomach and urination problems.   I am  a 23 year old female with no known health issues. however i did have a short stent of anxiety a little over a year ago. but i have not had any attacks since.  I have been to the doctor and have gotten multiple blood tests done which have all come out normal. I have also gotten x-rays of my stomach;normal and I also got an ecocardiogram done about a year ago since heart problems run in my family, every thing is normal. I have just been released from my parents medical insurance, so any help is much appreciated.
I am not sure if all your symptoms are related, especially the “mild dizziness and fatigue and random shortness of breath.”  Nausea on awakening is classically associated with pregnancy but could also be the result of upper gastrointestinal disease, including acid reflux, that could be present in the face of normal stomach X-rays.  That and the night time urination could be accentuated, if not caused by your drinking a full glass of water the night before.

Pain with urination may or may not be associated with urinary infection.  It would be necessary for you to have your urine sent to the laboratory for analysis to identify the cause.

You mention all lab tests were normal.  Given your multiple urinary symptoms it would be good to confirm that those normal values included a normal BUN.  I cannot speak to your symptoms of fatigue and dizziness, but the former could be related to your being awakened several times during the night.

Not having insurance is a serious problem but I suspect that you may have to check with your doctor again, to report the symptoms you’ve listed, have your urine examined and see if additional blood tests need be done to find a clue to your diagnoses.

By the way, constipation alone, is seldom caused by IBS.

Good luck.