Respiratory Disorders Community
granulomatous nodules and asbestos

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

granulomatous nodules and asbestos

I am a Navy Veteran and have been diagnosed with Sarcoidosis, emphysema, COPD, Upper Respriatory Infection, Bronchitus (bronchitis), Puemonia, and granulomatous nodules.  Have about 5 to 6 nodules in my lungs and one is about 1 cm long.  The others are from 5 to 8mm but have changed.  Some have dropped off and left a scar and others have grown a little.  I wanted to know if anyone knows if a large exposure of asbestos cause theses granulomatous nodules.  When I talk about exposure to asbestos, I was stationed on a Navy dry dock built in 1944.  I breathed asbestos everyday, ate asbestos everyday from it falling on me while I sleep and in the chow line.  Some days I would be covered from head to toes in asbestos dust from working on a boiler.  The Navy never offered us any protection and never told us of the dangers.  Please someone give me some help.
Tags: Lung
  Hey, I'm a Navy Vet. also and I was a MM ,My 1st job was tearing off lagging and relagging the pipes and valves. We were in drydock and I learned from an old shipyard worker, worked with him for three weeks getting the job done. After that ,anytime lagging needed doing I was nominated. About thirty years after I got out I noticed I couldn't do the things I wanted without stopping to catch my breath. I go to my Dr. and he says I have some kind of inf., and then he says I must have COPD and all sorts of things. I've had Pneumoia so many times I can't remember, even had to have a Broncostomy a few years ago. I started looking these symtoms (symptoms) up on line and it hits me ,ASBESTOS. I contacted the VA. and after a long process I got some comp. from them. I would rather have my breath. I'm sittin g gasping for air a lot. Now the wants to reduce me from 60%-0% cause I'm not sick enough. Anyway I say to  you contact the VA.  and Good Luck. Tom-zook235