Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
gurgling and popping feeling in lower left chest

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

I have been having shortness of breath with a pulse-ox level of 88-mid 90s when feeling bad.  I am very weak and tired most of the time.  Although I was physically active before all of this started, my blood pressure has been typically from 140s/90-96.  The cardiologist said that my heart is healthy.  (I did have an ASD but after prayer the Lord touched it and it closed completely, while the dr. was looking at it through the catheter.  8-) )  
My fingertips are turning purple-blue.  But I wanted to know about the gurgling feeling that I have in the lower left area of my chest and it feels like a weight in my chest a lot.  it feels like something is sitting on my chest when I try to breathe and about 1/2 the time I can't get a deep breath.  Does this coincide with anything that you've heard of?  I would just like to know of any possible direction to pursue or what to do next.  Anything you could tell me or advise me will be appreciated.  Thank you!
These are serious symptoms and reflective of either heart or lung disease.  The low oximetry numbers and blueness of your fingertips suggest that the atrial septal defect (ASD) may have re-opened.  ASD is an opening between the right and left sides of the upper portion of your heart allowing blood to flow from the right side of your heart to the left.  But, your heart may be fine and the problem could be in your lungs.  You need a thorough evaluation of both your heart and your lungs.  This should be done as soon as possible.
I forgot to say that there is a popping feeling on the inside of my lower left chest when the gurgling feeling is present.  thank you
I forgot to say that I got my blood gasses back and normally the dr.s say that they are terrible.  Sorry for the bunch of posts after the first.
I would say that it would be in your best interest to pursue these questions and concerns with your doctor or a lung specialist(pulmonologist). The crackling or gurgling and heaviness you describe may be caused by different things(pneumonia, fluid, alveolar collapse, chronic lung disease, effusion...) It would be premature to speculate without possibly obtaining a chest x-ray or some blood work. Are your blood gases terrible this time? Your saturations (pulse-ox) are not awful although anything below 90% is reason for attention (if that is not your normal saturation). Again, it would be best to see your physician to get the proper care you may need. Hope you feel well soon and take care...
                                             JCI, RRT RCP
A related discussion, high blood pressure and chest gurgling and pressure was started.