Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
head, face and neck pain with sinusitis
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

head, face and neck pain with sinusitis

I'm a 49 year old female with sinusitis symptoms.(I get 1-2 sinus infections per year). Right now, I have quite a lot of pain in cheekbones, brows/forehead and also in upper teeth when biting down.Pain in face when bending down. Congestion. No fever. Question #1: I am also experiencing a lot of pain at the base of my skull (top of neck/2" behind the ears) Is this from sinus, too--I don't think there are sinus cavities there--so what causes that pain? Some pain down the side of the neck too--lymph nodes?.   Question #2:  Doctor prescribed Cipro 4 days ago, but I'm not getting better very quickly--in other words the pain is still pretty severe.  Should I go back to get something else, or do I need to give it a little longer? (I have been doing "nasal irrigation" with saline solution, too.)
Thank you so much!