heart scan revealed spots on lung
I went with my husband to have a heart scan.  I did this mostly to support him since his father died of heart disease, and he is overweight.  My heart scan had a result of 0, with my husbands at 759.  Never did I suspect that I would get a call from radiology, then our new doctor stating that I have spots on my lower right lobe and they need to see my right away. I am 49, only been smoking for 4 years, and in pretty good shape.  I am a manager in a gas/convenience store, so I am constantly on the run.  My shoulder starting at work when I lifted something heavy up pretty high, still hurts when I lay down.  The doctor has gotten me in Wed morning for my first appt with her, but just called to tell me they want to do a full scan of my chest and abdomen.  The doctor was interested in knowing that my mother has hystoplasmosis.  What can I expect?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It is difficult to predict Mam, exactly what the problem is. Based on the imaging studies, they could be focusing on a differential diagnosis. Histoplasmosis is an infection caused by breathing in spores of a fungus. Most people with histoplasmosis never develop symptoms and aren't aware they're infected. Tuberculosis is another infection which can produce similar imaging patterns. Sometimes occupational lung diseases like silicosis and asbestosis can produce a similar picture. Further evaluation will be based on the lab tests and systemic symptoms. A PET scan and biopsy may help in evaluation. A biopsy facilitates a histologic study of cells, which gives you a definite diagnosis. So once you have the diagnosis you will know what measures or precautions you need to follow. Good Luck.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.