Respiratory Disorders Community
help I'm very sick but allergic to all antibiotics!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

4047358?1236024655
I'm allergic to penicillins, sulfas, and tetracyclins. I am currently suffering from a 3 week long nasty cold virus. I fear that is turning to pnemonia (pneumonia). The decongestant and expectorants arent working anymore  and I think I have an ear infection. I'm also currently breastfeeding so my immune system is compromised. I have been searching for other antibiotic alternatives, the last time I needed one was 10 yrs ago when I had a sever reaction to sulfa. I have suffered through colds and illnesses without treatment since then but now I'm very very ill. Does anyone know of any options?
The times I went to the hospital in the past I was turned away pretty much, telling me they couldnt help me!
Hi there, sorry your sick, perhaps one of the mycins would work for you like urethromycin or even azithormax. Only your doc could tell for sure and guard against another bad reaction for you. Hope this helps!  aheart:)
Thank you aheart, for your response. I am going in to the clinic today. Sadly, I am also allergic to all mycins. I've been searching the internet for info on new antibiotics but not luck. Hopefully I wont get turned away this time, but the hospital where I'm from in Chico Ca, is ranked top 11 for horrible care (Enloe). I was precribed eurythromycin once by a midwife because I had a 105.5 fever and a bad case of mastitis (breast infection while breastfeeding my first son) and I told her I was allergic. I took it anyway and my eyes nose, tounge, and lips swelled up and had horrendous stomach pain. 3 days of it and I could tolerate no more. Luckily it did hlp to fight the infection enough for me to get well again, slowly. But it took my face 2 months to look normal again and for the blisters to heal and go away. aweful- not worth doing again, but death from a treatable infection would be a waste of my life...  
Tell me what happened I'm in the same boat as u sick as a dog and allergic to most abx
I know these are older posts but I am in the same boat. I am sick right npw. I tried Biactin which was successful a yr ago and now it took my asthma over the edge. I cant take penecillin, mycins,or sulfas. Anybody find an alternarive?