Respiratory Disorders Community
help suddenly can't stop yawning
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

help suddenly can't stop yawning

Suddenly, I can't stop yawning- its been 2 hours and its driving me nuts- tried xanax, hasn't worked, do smoke-
This suddenly started and won't stop! I have had a very stressful week, more than normal- but I've had stress before and never started yawning & always can sleep on .25 xanax- tried another and still not even tired or able to sleep.
Can't sleep because I can't stop yawning! Not sick, no pain- have tmj, took out mouth guard, scared i'll try yawning and will choke on it! Nervous it will trigger tmj as well! This is nuts! Have a busy few weeks ahead and can't be yawning! I'm a counselor, it'll appear I'm bored w/ people! I have never heard of this- I was reassured it wasn't only me and that I don't have to go to the ER (though will book a doc appt asap!) Anyone know why or how this would suddenly "come on".  Like I said, extremely stressful week- but had time to relax tonight- could it be that during a stressful week, I was breathing wrong, smoking more that bought this on?? My lungs don't hurt and I'm not short of breath, just the urgent need to yawn, like every minute? I take care of disabled parents and I can't be yawning every minute?? Nervous it'll hit when I drive and I have to open my mouth so wide, it would be distracting to drive like this- it's like "terrets" all of a sudden? ANY advice would be so much appreciated!
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank